Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Rooms with views without rooms or views by Karen and James Hollingsworth

I wasn't the only person who wanted to be at that table. Seaside sunlight shone from the painting into the gallery. I could almost feel the breeze making the curtains flutter. It's an Architecture Tourist 2-fer.


These photos of photo realism are from Mason Murer Fine Art in Atlanta. At the reception last Friday I turned into a gallery of calm by husband wife artists James Neil Hollingsworth and Karen Hollingsworth.
P1020166-2010-05-21-Mason-Murer-Reception-JAMES-NEIL-HILLINGSWORTH-KAREN-HOLLINGSWORTH

How about a PB&J from James? More realistic than the real thing and wittier too. I can't imagine a more appetizing or dramatic sandwich can you?
P1020166-2010-05-21-Mason-Murer-Reception-JAMES-NEIL-HoLLINGSWORTH-PBJ-Loaf

I returned to the gallery at the end of the night, wishing I was there at the table. This is "Beachread 3" by Karen Hollingsworth.
P1020165-2010-05-21-Mason-Murer-Reception-KAREN-HOLLINGSWORTH-Beachread-3

These paintings fill me with sentiment and nostalgia rather than angst. I imagine commissioning the Hollingsworth's to paint my favorite room looking out to my favorite view. I'd place the painting to provide a zen view at the end of a long hallway, or in a room without much of a view.

Maybe I'd just keep it with me as I moved from room to room.

Thanks to the Hollingsworths.
Terry

P.S. Alain Gazier Silent Interiors at Besharat Gallery
PA020976-LeFlash-Besharat-Alain-Gazier-Diamond-Floor-Tall-Hall

7 comments:

  1. Their photorealism work at its best. Long admired their devotion to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How funny! We do have similar posts today. Isn't that a fantastic coincidence?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Terry, I just saw that you and I are both in the same feature in the new Atlanta Homes and I just wanted to pop by and say hello. :) I thought what you had to say on the topic was very interesting and so true! See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that last painting!!!! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The plastic bag around the bread looks so real! I also really like the beach photo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I seriously could feel the breeze coming through the window!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive