Saturday, May 5, 2012

Grant Street at Milledge peeking into windows in Grant Park.

Begun in 1882 the Grant Park neighborhood is old for Atlanta. It's is a prime source for architecture tourist entertainment.

Grant Street has pretty much everything you'd want to see in Grant Park so I cruise it when I'm in the neighborhood.


In February, they took a big window out of this one at the corner of Milledge. You've guessed that this isn't an authentic 100 year old Victorian.

P1040767-2012-02-13-Grant-Park-Big-Window-Out-Grant-Street-detail
But I like "lived-in eclecticism" a bit more than the "frozen in time" look.

Does authentic mean "as built" or "as lived?" Both, I guess.


P1040768-2012-02-13-Grant-Park-Big-Window-Out-Grant-Street-detail
The is BIG.

P1040768-2012-02-13-Grant-Park-Big-Window-Out-Grant-Street-detail-inside
I Photoshopped so we could see inside. The room is as tall as the windows, wow.

Prepare for a sruprise as you drive a bit further. You'll discover that this is an addition to a 100 year old house.


View Larger Map

This is the sort thing that makes Grant Park endlessly entertaining to me.

1 comment:

Blog Archive