Sunday, October 3, 2010

We visit Flux 2010

I recommend skipping the words and just watching my unworthy slide show of pictures and short videos. I'm at a loss to explain. For me it was unexpectedly emotional, more than we expected, we were fortunate to be there.

October is the month of too much in Atlanta. We choose Flux 2010, a 6-hour light themed street party in one of Atlanta's most interesting neighborhoods. Here is what the pros at ArtsCriticATL.com had to say "Festival review: FLUX 2010, a one-night triumph of art, spectacle and amusement" and "FLUX Impressions 2010" from ArtRelish.com.
P1040361-2010-10-01-Flux-Amber-Boardman-Visual-Concerts-false-colorP1040332-2010-10-01-Flux-Project-7-Contemporary-Dance-Company-Midnight-in-the-GardenP1040321-2010-10-01-Flux-Marisa-Dipaolo-The-Garden-of-Oz-False-Colors
It was a shared experience: the comfort of the evening , wandering in the shade from one unexpected delight to another, the sense of a one-night only event. Mysteries suitable for all ages.

Let me just show you a couple of little videos. This one, "Lima Lives" by Ed & Linda Calhoun, and Ralph Brancaccio was about the zebra that escaped the circus last year. Lima danced on the wall to 911 recordings of the event.


A dayglo dance "Midnight-in-the-Garden" by Project 7 Contemporary Dance Company.


"Between You and Me" by Micah and Whitney Stansell was colossal yet with humane, human scaled content.


If you haven't seen the slide show yet here is another chance.


Make a note for next year about the first weekend in October: Flux 2011.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting the videos & slide show, I'm so sorry I was unable to attend this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. first I've heard of Flux---I wanna go next year.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive